Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our Doritos commercial made the Top 40!

Someone pinch me.  Or grab my ass.   I'm not sure I'd feel either.  So, it appears our Doritos commercial was called out as a Top 40 spot and has been nominated for a "Nacho Average Ad" Award.  If we can momentarily get over the cheesy name (see what I did there), I'd say this is PRETTY DAMN COOL.

This is my third Doritos commercial with director/friend/lover-of-value-meals, Ryan Andersen.  So, two years ago, we were one of about 40 people contacted by Doritos.  They told us we were in the running for the Top 5 with our spot, Par For The Crunch.  Then last year, we didn't hear anything for our spot, Oh man Oh man Oh man.  And to be honest, we probably crossed the line with that spot but I still love it.  Fast forward to our spot for this year, Ryan and I were hoping that Doritos would still be contacting people if they were in the running.  I mean, if you were the last one eliminated from the Top 5, wouldn't you want to know?  We felt really good about our spot this year. We loved the concept.  We loved our talent.  It just felt really good.  It's really nice to get this award nomination.  It's nice to get that validation for what we've felt all along.  We've got a great spot with a great bunch of kids.

So, we were placed in a group with four other spots.  It's up to a public vote as to which one is the best.  If you would, check it out.  If you think our spot is the best in the group, we'd love your vote!  Below is a step by step guide to finding our spot and voting for it.  I hope you like it!

1) Go to https://apps.facebook.com/crashthesuperbowl/
2) Click the icon for "'Straight A' Award" category.  You may have to click the white triangle arrow to scroll to the other categories if 'Straight A' Award is not on the first page.

Click image to see in full size








3) Once you select "Straight A" Award, find the thumbnail image for our spot called There Goes Brutus 
Again and click "My Pick" link above the thumbnail.

Click image to see in full size










4) Vote every day.  Because you care.

No comments: