Monday, October 8, 2007

"Sex, Drugs and Money" premiering in Tucson!

About a year ago in Tucson, I filmed a feature film called "Sex, Drugs and Money." To date, this was my most memorable film experience.. and, not because I ran over a family of javelinas on the drive home one day after filming. Yeah, that's right.. a family of javelinas ran out in front of my car while I was driving on the highway. I felt really bad afterwards.. those sons of bitches did $1200 worth of damage to my car. I hate stupid animals.. those Javelinas be dumb.

Anyhoo - SDM was an awesome experience for me. It is to date, the highest budget project that I have ever worked on. It was cast by Faith Hibbs Clark. The crew was large. Like really big. I still remember we were shooting outside for one scene and it was hot. In between shots, crew members held an umbrella over me to shade from the sun and I was just thinking, "Are you serious? I can get used to this" Way cool.. All I needed was my own personal trailer with a fridge of full of organic green tea to be considered big time.

SDM is a high school stoner comedy. It stars really great actors such as Matt Dearing, Byron Graham, Kasim Aslam, John Dobredenka, Laura Waters, and Cathy Rankin. Somehow I got cast as well. I try not to bring these other guys down. I play the lead bad guy in the movie. Check me out below!



Scary, I know!

Well, SDM is finally premiering October 23rd in Tucson! I'm not sure if it's open to the general public or not but if you are interested in checking it out, let me know. But, I think they'll have a Phoenix viewing at the IFP so stay tuned for details!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn javelinas!!!, Just wanted to stop by and say hello:), your right that was one of the most memerable films i have worked on to date as well.
Byron

Raj Suri said...

Byron! What is your email address?? We are all looking for you?!